Dec 9, 2013

Things I can learn about taxes from a Newborn child: Part #2

frowning pictures
“I’m not opposed to new people, I just don’t like their packaging (diapers).” 
― Jarod Kintz, 
As I'm typing this blog post, it is Monday 5:30 a.m.. I just changed my two-week old daughter's diaper at 4:15 a.m. I can understand why she feels that I must drop everything to cater to her needs. She can't help herself so I must help her. What got me mad while I was changing her diaper was not the time of day. I was mad that a potential client called me on Sunday afternoon requesting a conference call due to an "emergency!" I woke up the next day mad that someone would call me with such foolishness. I avoided the person call on Saturday but then the person called again on Sunday. In addition, the person didn't tell me the details on the voice mail. Just in case you're wondering how this person had my cell number, we had previous meetings.
Let me be clear, tax accountants are great but we are not policemen, firemen or doctors. There is no such thing as a "tax emergency" that needs to be handle on a Sunday afternoon. The nerve of any potential or current client stalking you on the weekend. Especially, if you haven't even talk about money. Now, if Bill Gates called me on a Sunday afternoon, I will be on the next flight out to the west coast during a snow storm.
I must admit that I'm a sucker for calling back the person. However, the person really thought that I was a big sucker talking about "emergency." I told him that I'm not in the right state of mind to talk business. I was in my sweat pants enjoying the company of my growing family. My advice to taxpayers is to "grow the hell up!" The world doesn't revolve around you (unless you paying me "drop everything" money). Stop acting like a damn baby! My advice to tax professionals is that don't treat your clients like newborn babies. Don't be scared to tell them "this is not that serious, I'll call you during business hours." I'm going to start to tell some disrespectful taxpayers that "Tricks are for kids, silly rabbit!" 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Every new experiences teach new lesson. And which are good for us.

Regards,
Diaper Bags

Foreign Earned Income Tax Credit said...

Very insightful post!

Business News Australia said...

Some people needs to know that their money don't go to accountants so they will never blame them again.

income tax Montreal said...

Nice reading about taxes, thanks.

Unknown said...

Nice read regarding business consulting services in Mesa and also for reminiscing childhood. Thanks and more power.

Expatriate Tax Services said...

Very nice insight from changing diapers haha

Jack said...

An instructive post. People to really know who they want to reach and why or else, they'll have no way to know what they're trying to achieve. People need to hear this and have it drilled in their brains..
Thanks for sharing this great article.
check canada tax consultant for tax and business solution

IFA said...

you want to professional advice then you can also visit accountant Renfrewshire